Building of an old grammar school on the Alšovo Square belonging to the town was demolished in the mid-19th century and two neighboring houses were bought to provide enough space for the construction of a new school. This was opened in 1859 and in April 2019, after a complete reconstruction, it became the new seat of the Municipal Library of Písek – an institution with a tradition since 1841.
The most visible change in the structure is the closed courtyard of the library, including the relaxation garden, space for the outdoor scene and terrace next to cafe and lecture hall. All departments of the library are designed in a modern, simple and very original way.
The project of the new library also included a creation of the Education Center focusing on the support of non-formal education. Overall, the library's space is understood to be residential, including resting places, and visitors to the town are welcome here.
open: Mon-Fri 9-18 h, Sat 9-12, 13-16 h
Alšovo náměstí 75/13, CZ-39701 Písek
T +420 382 201 811, E firstname.lastname@example.org