The municipal park was built on the site of the abandoned ditch and rampart before the town walls. In 1841, the Empire-style Schrenk Pavilion was built to commemorate its founder. Next to this is a monument to the historian and politician Palacký, as well as a memorial to the poet Heyduk. Various cultural events are often held in the gardens, in the space between the theatre and the music pavilion. There are a number of gastronomic facilities, including the "U Reinerů" inn, with traditions dating back to 1844.
The park is freely accessible all year round.