House at the Elephant
This house stands directly opposite the mouth of the Stone Bridge, where the guards of the Prague Gate (one of the three entries to the medieval town) used to live. The current burgher classicist house, with the sign of an elephant, was built around 1824. Since 1982, it has been owned by art historian Dr. Stach Černín, who has filled the first floor of the house with all kinds of art. The building is gradually been refurbished. Events are also organised in the garden of the house, which used to be part of the town's moat.
open for events
Karlova 3, 397 01 Písek
T +420 776 770 760, E firstname.lastname@example.org